Sunday, January 2, 2011

Zumba Gold at the Y today

I went to the YMCA for the 1:15-1:45 Zumba Gold class today, expected to see a huge mass of women in there trying to loose weight for their new year resolutions. But there were only about a dozen women, including my & H. This was only my second class and I think I'm getting it a bit more. I do need different shoes, these running shoes have great stability that I need for running but I trip over them if I try moving fast.
 I am so uncoordinated though that its funny. I'm just catching on to the moves and the leader is going on to the next. But I just keep moving and waving my arms, & shuffling my feet and I get there. I think I'll need to do a few more of the Gold classes before I can even try to do a regular one. I have the stamina but I don't have the moves.

 Lucky horses have the day off, again. Its still all sunny and warm in the sunshine but the temps were 28 when I fed this morning and in an hour it had warmed up to 34. The ground is frozen but I put the horses out into the arena anyway, they need to be able to move around more than they have been.

 H and B took horses out for a ride yesterday and B had an accident. I hear shes OK but its still scary. She was riding Taz and ponying Stewart the mule when Taz hit ice and went down. Stewart wasn't able to stop and he walked right on top of B while she was on the ground laying on her belly on the ice, Stewart stepped on her back and one of her hands. B wasn't able to ride back but it was only about 10 minutes to the trail head and she could walk so they walked all the animals back and ended up still riding but at Banner Forest instead. I want to see bruises, they need to be documented & she could get BEST BRUISE OF 2011. I think Meghan won 2010 with her horse head bruise. If you look carefully you can see the horse head in the middle of it!   This is way better than my bruise from December 30th and I think B's horse shoe bruise could be hard to beat.

It's been a good year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment