Saturday, January 29, 2011

I got todays workout done early

How is my training going: GREAT!!

I ran HILLS. I ran 1/4 mile UP hill 6 times in 40 minutes & downs hills in between, of course. I run from home for 1/2 mile, that takes me out to Mullenix. Turn around and run back down the hill 1/4 mile, turn & go back up. I did this 6 times then came back home for a total of 3.5 miles in 42 minutes with an elevation gain of 50 feet per hill. In a light rain with temps at about 45 degrees.
I'm not the worlds fastest runner by any means but this was very good for me, I was doing 12 minute miles. I'm hoping that when I do the Knock Your Socks Off 4 mile run in a couple weeks that I'll be able to kick butt doing it   :)   and that I can beat my friends 12 year old son.
Lan isgetting ready to take his bike out and ride but he can't decide if its going to be his road, mountain bike or cyclocross bike. his mtn bike is all clean and he doesn't feel like going out & getting it all dirty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment