Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Bikes

New KONA
Lan built this as a total surprise for me. He had parts being delivered to the house every day and kept telling me they were for his bike. I was OK with it but I sure wanted some new parts for my bike, I was getting jealous. One day he said he needed to show me something out in the garage and here is this wonderful pretty bike, in just my size.  He is such a nice husband.

Lans LaMond & my Specialized Allez Road Bike.
Lan built both these bikes, the Allez he made for me just after I joined the Kitsap Tri Babes and had proven to him that I was serious about completing a triathlon. Little did he kow I'd do 8 in 2 years.
He made this bike rack too.


Rock Hopper
Lan made this bike for me about 12 years ago, its got a lot of miles on it, so many good memories and a lot of bruises (on me). Here it is sitting out at Slick Rock Trail in Moab, Utah. The trail was just too much for me, I was scared I'd ride off a rock and fall 200 feet to my death so I walked.


Rock Hopper
at Tiger Mountain Summit. That was a good ride, once I made it up the million mile long gravel road.

Rock Hopper
in Colorado.

Rock Hopper
Somewhere along the road to the 401 trail.

Mtn Bikes
After a ride in the Nevada desert

Specialized Allez
At one of the triathlons in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment