Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wifi & The Pie

How is training going?  Day off

Wifi came to me but The Pie stayed way over there

I put The Pie out with Wifi today and let them eat together & spend half the day out there. He wants to be friends but she keeps telling him to keep his distance and he does. Its unlikely that they will hurt each other, he is smaller than her but has more experience, both are barefoot and when she does buck & kick at him she isn't anywhere near him.

This evening when I was cleaning the barn I decided to put Bunny Foo Foo and her cage into The Pies stall. They are now roomies. I noticed him over sniffing around her cage after just a couple minutes so that's good. Maybe hes trying to figure out how to get her carrots & timothy pellets out of her cage and into his mouth?
 
He wasn't coming near her
In the video you can see the molasses on her nose from her hanging stall toy.

Lan had time today to work on the barn floor drain and it is almost done. It drains now, yay!!  It has been clogged with dirt & horse hair for the last 3 years, was a real bummer to try to bathe a horse because the floor would flood after only a couple gallons of water usage. Now I will be able to use that area again for its intended purposes, grooming & getting things wet.
EXCEPT the hose pipe broke in the cold weather last month so there is still that problem. I'll see if I can get him to work on it soon; I hate trying to clean buckets without a hose and the other hose bib doesn't work the same.



 This pipe is now connected to the drain field that he repaired last month. Not only does this drain the wash rack but it drains the gutters too. This means they should stop overflowing & splashing all over the steps to the feed room. Lan had to lift up the back of the tack room to dig out the pipes.

What this all means is that I can get my horses back into the cross ties and start some serious grooming. I noticed The Pie is already starting to shed and hes going to need a bath soon. Wifi needs to have a good bathing too and that's not going to be fun but it is necessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment