Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hauling plans

How is training going?   OK
Its late in the day and I'm going to have to do my 1st day of training on the treadmill. Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym early, going for the 7:30 strength/stability/spin class then hit the road to California. I'll have to print out my next few days training plan so I can take it with me and then hope I have enough time in each day to actually get some training & running in.

I hate these trips sometimes. Tomorrow I'll be hauling a single horse, a stallion, from Yelm, Washington to Symlar, California, near LA. 1 horse is NOT going to pay for even half the fuel I'll use. But I gave her my word and she and I have both been stressing over this for a few days.

At a rest area in Utah
Good news, there might be 2 wild mustangs coming back to washington from LA on my trailer.
All ready for your horse to get in

The box stalls are huge, enough room for a large horse to turn around, put its head down, eat, be comfortable.
I've made many trip hauling horses for other people. Wisconsin, Kentucky, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana. Lots of trips to & from California. Lan and I used to haul pregnant mares down in December & early in the year and bring them back with their foals in late spring.  We have easily made 20 trips to California with this trailer. I've hauled donkeys with totally overgrown hooves and an 18.2hh Belgium draft gelding.


18.2hh Belgium Draft

Poor donkey

Since my trailer is 7'3" tall inside there is plenty of room for these big guys. This is the biggest I've hauled.
I once hauled him and Sunshower for a trail ride, shes 14hh, 18 inches shorter!  We went out on trails together and I'm sure people thought I was riding a pony (technically she is) but I didn't care, I love my mare no matter how tall she is.   I once hauled the Belgium and a Clydesdale mare at the same time, she was 17hh and fit into the middle stall with tons of room around her. These big ones make Joey look small too.

No comments:

Post a Comment