Saturday, January 8, 2011

Exercising me and the horse

 I wanted to run this morning but its way too cold so after I fed the horses I did get ready to go out, then just waited. After Sunshower had finished her breakfast I gave her a good grooming and we headed out ~ for a walk. I've taken her on walks before, when she was pregnant but not since then so she was a little skittish. Only a little though, she trusts me enough to follow anywhere I lead and she doesn't pull back or freak out. She did snort at a barking dog and step on the back of my shoe, pulling it completely off my foot and I didn't like that.
 We walked about a mile today. I want her to be in shape for the Ride n Tie in a couple months and I didn't feel like riding so walking her is good. She needs it as much as I do and I just wanted her to have some one on one time with me again. Good for both of us.
 As we left the farm and got out onto the road I could hear Wifi whinnying, again and again and again. Shes such a silly girl, all the other horses are still there but she knows her mom is gone even though she couldn't see us leaving. But she did see us walking out of the barn and we didn't go into the arena, which she can see just fine.
 Here are photos of our arena and the horse runs outside the barn. Wifi's stall on in the barn of the barn, you can't see her stall door from this angle.
Arena gate

Arena before we added the new wooden fence across the back

This photo shows the arena fence with the access road and runs on the right

On the left is the outside turn-out & run, its about 3 times as big as these stall attached runs. Wifi's run is on the left on this side of the turn out. The white shed is out tack room on this end and feed on the other end. Notice the deck?
  Anyway, Sunshower did great on our walk. I'm going to have to get her in shape faster than i did last year because the ride n tie is in March and that only gives us 2 months.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment