Friday, January 7, 2011

What we did last summer

 Last June Lan and I went on a 3 week vacation with our mountain bikes. We left on June 10th and headed to Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Back to Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, Oregon & back home. We went to Arches National Park where we toured with a park ranger. We rode bikes at Slick Rock, Moab. Desert riding in Gunnison, CO. & Las Vegas, NV. Single track in Crested Butte. Road & dirt at Leadville, CO.  Here are some of my favorite photos for your viewing pleasure...
My Rock Hopper
Lan at Slick Rock Trail, Moab, Utah
Denise, Lan & Pete above Crested Butte, Colorado on the Snodgrass Trail
It was pouring rain here





Denise on Snodgrass

To get to Snodgrass Trail you have to carry your bike over this stile



7/21/64 ~ 46 years before we were there



Snodgrass trail is done, now heading back into town


Pete is the town Sheriff
Lan & Pete


Townie bikes

Our brand new car was loaded
I absolutely love the Snodgrass Trail; we rode it 3 times








Lan & I in the Gunnison Desert

Amy, from WANDERLUST HOSTEL, was our guide. She's great!




Lan up above Leadville, CO. Our singletrack was closed to bikes so we rode in the road. It was a couple miles uphill without any breaks and I did it all, yay me. Lan sis it twice, he had to keep coming back for me.



Lan in the Utah Desert. We camped out here and I didn't sleep most of the night, scared of bad guys shooting us or UFO's picking us up.

Early morning desert ride

It was raining pretty hard out there in the desert
We went out of our way to explore this ghost town




Finally, Las Vegas

Can you tell Lan loves this stuff?

Lazy river at our resort in Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment