Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mtn Biking at Dash Point

How is training going? Better

Today Lan and I took our bikes out to Dash Point Park to ride for a while. I lasted about a half hour & turned back to the car. Still haven't recovered from the Flu and don't want to get worse just because I want to have fun. And this ride was fun.

We started out on this trail...

This is my bike, my Kona that Lan built right before the end of last summer. Today was about my 3rd ride on it. Its so much softer than the old bike that sometimes I can't make it up hills. I'm learning though and its getting easier each time.
My Kona bike


Here is Lan on the trail. I always get photos of him, he rarely takes them of me.

These trails were a lot like Banner Forest but seemed drier and hilly-er and Banner is a lot bigger with a lot more trails. This place had a lot of people in it for a Friday in the middle of the day. We will probably go back for fun someday but definitely we will return on Sunday.

because on Sunday there is a mtn bike race that Lan is entering and I *might* enter. I will enter if the weather is cooperative, if I'm feeling 100% better from the flu, if there aren't a bajillion people entered and not more than 5 ladies in my age group. because prizes go 5 deep.


 Lan has had a lot of these up close & personal photos taken.

This is the spot where he headed out for another 2 hours of riding and I headed back to the car. I was only a few minutes away but we had taken the long way of getting to this point.

Here lies my bike, waiting for me yet again. I leave it often to take photos or to go pee. But I only go pee if there is some place that's safe, like an outhouse. I don't just pee off the side of the trail like a guy.

This thing is right at the beginning of the trail and I DIDN'T SEE IT when we first started riding!  I do have to say that there was a map & info board/kiosk right behind me and we did read the map but how in the heck did I miss this? Too weird. 


Kona is ready to go home. She waited patiently for Lans Kona to join her on the rack.  Lan has decided that on race day he's going to ride his new Trek. If I don't race I'll be the official photographer and I hope I can get some dandy shots of him, maybe possibly something that I could enlarge and frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment