Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hauling for Horse Rescues

How is training going? I made it to the YMCA for the strength portion of our regular class and it was hard. Good.

This horse is named Dashing Lady, she is  TB mare recently rescued out of the kill pen at the Enumclaw Sales Pavilion by Second Chance Ranch. This mare needed to go to Moses Lake, Washington so SCR emailed me to see if I could do it for them.

If course I could, I'm not doing anything else. I left ride after my YMCA class and picked up Lady in Enumclaw at the Back Forte Ranch. She loaded right up but was being silly in the trailer so I removed her hay bag & left her head untied. Nothing worse than a horse that gets its head tie over its head and freaks out.
She hauled fine.

 I stopped on the way through Auburn and picked up my mom and took her with me. She never gets to go anywhere anymore, my dad is a home body and Mom was ready for an outing. I've taken her with me for a couple other trips, once to Yakima to pick up Sunshower and once we drove a brand new Cadillac  Escolade to Ephrata, Washington for a local Cadillac dealer that needed it returned to its owner. That was fun, they paid for it all and I drove a top notch car for a couple hundred miles, then returned with another brand new Caddy. Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment