Thursday, March 10, 2011

I wish I could run

How is training going? I miss running.

How come when you can't do something is when you most want to?  I promised my body I would take time off for it to heal, I've been doing my cross training to strengthen my hip flexors before I ask them to do more running and I have been doing careful stretches. But I look outside  and I just want to be out there, running.

Don't get me wrong. Mostly I want to be running so on May 1st I won't be miserable and unable to compLETE the half marathon. That would suck.  I read my daily training plan and tomorrow is 1 hour of medium speed running. Its going to be about 3 weeks before I can get to the place I should be NOW. It makes me sad.

My friend, Kris, that I've never met but will meet on Sunday, has run 81 miles this week. I've run 67 THIS YEAR.

Lets talk about something I have had fun doing.

My horses had visitors today. I am going to give free riding lessons to a few people, on my horses, so that the horses can be ridden more. Also, I want to learn how to teach and this seems like a good time to do it. Today a mom, Melissa, brought over her 2 kids, Jaime, an 8 yr old daughter, and Tyler, a 14 yr old boy. I let them groom The Pie and Sunshower  but no riding as it was super windy out.

The little girl is the perfect size to ride The Pie and the boy is just a bit taller than me so he is a good size for riding Sunshower. Their mom took them to Del's and bought Tyler a new riding helmet so I was stoked about that. I wanted to get to know them a little and for them to get to know the horses so besides grooming I told them a little about each horse. I also pointed to some body parts and asked the names or asked them to point to parts I called out. I'll send them an email with a horse anatomy picture and tell them there is a test next time they are here.

Sunshower did spook while in the cross ties due to a huge gust of wind and it scared Jaime, she almost cried. But I told her to get right back in there and after I explained that Sunshower was chewing and it meant she was fine then Jaime was Ok with grooming again.

There is a lot I can teach these 2 kids and its nice that there is a boy who is interested in horses. Thats different.

No comments:

Post a Comment