Thursday, March 3, 2011

Adding a job to the mix

How is training going? OK.

Except I didn't do my 1 hour run today. I DID clean the whole barn if that makes a difference.

I had a group job interview with Washington State Ferries today, went into Bremerton at 6am, caught a ferry over to Seattle & met the important people.


There were 16 people invited to come in for this interview out of 800 people who applied for this job; 11 people showed up. A bunch of the 11 will get ON CALL jobs and I hope I'm one of them.  I wouldn't be riding/working on the ferries themselves, I would be selling tickets or working on the docks/terminals like the guy in the photo below. Which is good because I get motion sickness on boats.



I could get called to work any shift on any of the routes on the map below. My house is where the red X is located so I'm hoping IF I get a job that I'll be able to work mostly in the south sound area. Port Townsend is 1.5 hours away from home,  Kingston aka Keystone is 45 minutes, away,   Southworth is only about 15 minutes,   Bremerton is 25, Bainbridge is almost an hour from home. If I get assigned to one on the other side of the water its a whole other story, they expect you to be there the night before and sleep in your car so you're not late.         You can't be late for your 4am shift.  Mukilteo is 2 hours away and thats driving around, 95 miles away from home. Wouldn't be so bad if I got a 10 hour shift but a lot of the shifts are only 4 hours. 
Wish me luck, it would be great to get such a good job in this job market.                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment