Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Not quite healed

How is training going? Not quite 100% yet.

I was in Torreys class at the YMCA this morning, we were doing reverse crunches when I realized I'm not quite 100% better after that little truck wreck a week ago. My neck got sore way too fast. I still completed all the exercises and the entire class but I was feeling it. Just a little bit of whiplash.

But I'm working on healing, staying strong, not letting a little pain stop me. I know not to do too much and I'm damn lucky that I didn't hurt myself worse.

Today I did 1/2 hour of spin, the core/strength class and ran 35 minutes in heart zone 2-3, got about 3 miles. I'm happy with it.

Then I came home and cleaned the barn, played with horses and I actually got a 20 minute nap before I had to get back to work in the barn again. Sigh.

I think Linda and I will plan on going to Coeur d'Alene for the pre-Ironman in May. That's when we'll ride the course, about 100 miles of it, so we can all know what to expect and when/where on the course. I'd like to actually see if there is a half marathon while we're there so we could run the course too. And of course, we'll have to swim in the freezing cold lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment