Sunday, December 18, 2011

795

How is training going? Good, very good.

I have run, rode & swam 795 miles this year and the biking & swimming have only really been counted since I signed up for Ironman. So I wonder... Can I make it to 1000 next year? This morning I ran 8.32 miles, out around Long Lake. Lan came to check up on me & gave me a lift up the hill so I cheated but didn't count that on my mileage.

Today I have talked to a couple people about them buying The Pie.


Kissable nose

 I have him for sale for $500, one lady came out and offered $400 but I wouldn't take a down payment until I see her place. Then after her I spoke to Robyn who wants him for carting.

I was told he has pulled a cart in the past and I saw him long lined but I don't have a cart so I don't know how he would actually pull it. I think The Pie is too sensitive and if they hook him up they are going to need blinders. Robyns home sounds like the best place so far, shes had a few horses die of old age and that means a LOT to me.

Also Robyns 32 yr old son with MS wants a pony HE can cart and have in parades. If his mom thinks The Pie will work out for them then I want him to go there. I understand the 32yr old disabled son living at home thing.

I got teary eyed when they were leading him around. Poor guy, hes doing so well here and now I am going to sell him. I think the carting place would be a better home for him so I hope he would work out for them. I'll tell her to bring her harness out to try it on him, see how he does with that.

The Pie has been here for a year and has settled in quite well. He was happiest when he was with Cookie, the Mini mare, but shes gone back to her home. Now I still turn him out with Wifi and Sunshower and hes doing quite well with them. Hes gained about 100#, hes current on all shots, deworming, teeth and hooves. Whoever gets him is getting a wonderful little guy and I'll cry like a baby when he goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment