Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Pie got new duds today

My friend M brought a blanket for The Pie today. It is one she had for her now 2 yr old colt when he was a yearling and it fits The Pie very well. Its a dark blue and waterproof so he will stay dry. I went down to the barn a while ago and heard The Pie walking in his run but I couldn't see him.

 I also got him his very own saddle, pad and bit (but no bridle, off billet, latigo...)  I'm going to see if I can dye it Havana brown; his halter is that color and it looks good on him. I'm also going to get those fenders wet & stick a broom handle through them overnight so they twist, much easier to ride that way.
While M was here she was holding The Pie in his stall while I grabbed the saddle and when I left the room she said he must be bonding with me because he got upset as soon as I walked out.  That's good, I really want him to bond with me before I try working him too much.

Our arena is out of order with a deep hole dug in it. The barn gutters go underground and the drain field is out in the arena. Unfortunately the pipes are 20 years old and finally failed so now the gutters are overflowing. They are causing the cement outside the stalls to be undermined so repairs are a top priority hence the hole. Most of the work is done but not enough for the horses to be out there loose. I'm hoping it gets done in the next 2 days so the boarders don't get upset. The arena is one HUGE reason they are here.

Tonight was our regular day to haul to the indoor arena and I was the only one wanting to go so it was scrapped. I just wanted to take Sunshower and ride her & enjoy ourselves, no working, no training, just out for a fun time. Have to wait till next week now.

Earlier this morning I had a chance to get some work for myself. I met Lan at the Y and we got in a spin class, 45 minutes with Bud leading the way. I felt good most of the time, was able to do all the 'uphill' without having to sit down. I did turn down the resistance 1/2 turn once when Bud said to turn it up but I did it later, yay for me. I didn't get any running nor swimming in but 1 out of 3 is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment