Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Mtn Bike Workshop

Yesterday at noon Lan and I headed out to Silverdale to meet with a group of TriBabes & our fearless leader, Lisa, for a mountain bike workshop. Most of the tribabes only ride road bikes, I am one of the few who not only rides a mtn bike but I'm pretty good at it too.
 The workshop had a guest speaker, Kim, from Cannondale. Thats him above in the black & green. He started out showing how to go down hills, up hills, along sides of hills, then we turned around on our bikes in parking spaces without hitting the while lines. After everyone was comfortable we hit the trails.
 Lisa is the lady in the blue coat in the middle, shes the TriBabe leader. Lisa had chosen a nice singletrack trail about 1/2 mile in distance, a couple little hills and some good turns. About half the ladies didn't enjoy mtn biking, Beth did though and here she is on her bike.
There were about 5 of us who went around a second time and it was just as fun as the first time.   After we were done we went back out to the parking lot and practiced some more on jumping over sticks and things, first we did just our front tires over them, then our back tires too. Beth and I did rather well and were both able to hop completely over the stick in just a few minutes. She can ride at about my level so I'm going to ask her if she would like to ride with me at Banner sometime.
 Lisa had borrowed a dinosaur of a bike from a local store, SILVERDALE CYCLERY. It was tomato soup colored, the chain was rusty and it must have weighed 30 lbs. But she was proud to have it yesterday and in a weird way I'd like to have it.
 Just in case you're wondering, here is a photo of my mountain bike. Thats a terrible photo!
Lan built it for me in secret, I had no clue he was doing it. It took him a couple months, every couple days he would get boxes of bike parts and he would tell me they were for his bike. No big deal, he rides more than me. I kept bugging him that I wanted just one NEW part on my bike so one day he told me he had something out in the garage he needed to show me and there it was. My new full suspension Kona. Love it!! I was really wanting a pretty bike and this sure is pretty.  I'll post more photos later, most of them that I have of it are of its parts, not of the whole thing. Sneak peak at part of my road bike in blue on the right...

What I did with horses today: One of the boarders got a new blanket for her horse and it fits Wifi perfectly so I'm going to get her one just like it. Its got a higher neck/chest part and the sides don't go down to her knees, fitting her much nicer than 99% of the blankets I've ever tried on her before.

No comments:

Post a Comment