Friday, August 5, 2016

Long Run Interupted, by Death

Yesterday I lost my cat, Dave.
 
He went out to the road and met disaster.

 
Dave was my snuggler for the last 7 years, he loved to be carried and played with.

 
He also liked to help do chores. Here, he helped seal with skylights in the old barn.

 
When I fed horses he liked to go with me into the pastures.

 
Dave especially LOVED to ride on the hay.

 
Ah, there he is as a kitten.
I miss my boy with so much of my heart.

 
Here he is with his sister, Precious. She also got hit by a car, when she was only about 1 year old.

 
The plight of a farm cat.
We can't keep them indoors.
 
Here is his final resting spot.
Lan dug the hole when he got home, Dave was placed on a flake of hay that he loved so much, inside the grave. His buddies, Hagen and Tank were placed inside with him so they can all play in heaven together again.
 
I love my pets so much and miss these ones enough to make my heart hurt.

 
I loved you, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment