Thursday, April 26, 2012

My New Trainer/Coach

How is training going? Very good.

Today I completed 3 hours in the gym and another hour at the track with Linda and Lisa doing intervals. Well, we called it intervals, it was question time. Linda and I have never even seen a live Ironman so we had so many questions we needed answered, like where do the SPECIAL NEEDS bags go?

Oh yeah, Lisa is my new coach. Shes the leader of the Kitsap TriBabes and we have known her for going on 4 years. She was my first choice in a coach but I went with Ryan instead. That was a good choice, I learned a LOT from him. Lisa has basically ignored her duties with Linda all winter.

Yesterday they got together and swam a mile in the lake, which was only 60* and raining, hard.


I will be getting in next week myself to see what I can do. Yay, we all know I LOVE HATE to swim.

Today in the mail I received my new Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Shorts, REI had them for $110, MSRP was $100 and I paid less than $40 including shipping. I'm hoping these will be my Ironman shorts but lets see how the West Sound Tri Club kit is before I make that final decision.

In the next week I should be getting my Garmin Forerunner 405 GPS Sports Watch with Heart Rate Monitor. Linda has one that I love, you can get all the info online with maps, elevation, heart rate, etc. totally cool.

I really need to stay off Facebook when I'm tired. Last night I signed up for Danskin. I had a $20 discount but still paid $125.20 but there is no tee shirt included and NONE OF THE MONEY GOES TO CHARITY. If you want to make a donation you have to pay extra. I call BS on that. But they have a new race feature this year, if you are in a group of 50 or more you get your own start wave, finishers tent, tee shirt and recognition. We have always been the largest group in the last 4 years, no other groups even come close to the number of TriBabes we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment