Sunday, April 8, 2012

Jealousy

How is training going? As well as can be expected.

Jealousy sucks.

Yesterday Lan and I were able to get in only 1 hour of riding, instead of the 4 we had planned on. Because I had to be at work at 2pm, it was decided that we would ride in West Seattle, around the Alki area. It was a great workout for a few reasons:
1. WIND
  Headwinds and cross winds blowing off the water that would change at unexpected times.
2. DOGS
  There were a lot of people walking their dogs but they were so unpredictable and took up most of the pathway.
3. PEOPLE
  The people in Seattle are a bunch of stupid idiots. Did YOUR Drivers Ed instructor teach you to check your mirrors on a busy street before you open your car door? Well, none of the teachers in Seattle teach it because I had at least 3 doors opened right in front of me.
4. CRAPPY STREETS
  The roads were horrible. Cracks, lines, pot holes, sewer lines. They were incredibly bumpy and uncomfortable.

GOOD POINTS OF THE RIDE:
We got to ride up 1 hill, it was about 1/4 mile long and pretty steep. of course Lan got to the top first and came back for me but he did say that hes not having to go back as far as he used to go to find me on hills.
The stress of riding in the city is unusual for me so it was good to experience it. I've ridden there before but on my mtn bike a very long time ago, when I didn't know to pay attention to all these things.

So back to the topic of the day... jealousy.

Linda and Steve had all day to ride so they got in 51.5 miles. They rode around Port Orchard, out to Cenex, into Olalla, out to Southworth and back home. I wish I had done that ride instead of our short one. But after looking at his online Garmin info I see that their/his top steed was only 37 MPH and they were pretty proud of the hills they rode up when I've been doing those same ones for years & I haven't had to walk up any of them either, ever. They did have good time, 4.5 hours for the entire distance.

Yes, Im being bitchy but I dont care, this is MY blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment