Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow days

How is training going? On & off.

Its been hard to get my bikes & running due because of inclement weather. I simply DO NOT run outdoors when its raining or snowing due to the idiots who live around here. I would get hit in an instant and they would take off and leave me for dead. And naturally its been snowing here for 2 days.

This is my dog, Hagen, yesterday. At that time there was only an inch of snow.


 Its been snowing all day but still only about 2 inches, maybe. They are predicting 6-8 inches, in some places they said FEET, not INCHES.

This was yesterday when Lan & I went for a drive, didn't find much snow, the most we saw was at our own house.


Today I not only ran 3.6 miles on the YMCA indoor track but followed that with an 1800 yard swim. I dislike swimming. but I did todays in 56 minutes, which is right on for finishing the 2.4 ironman swim on time. Barely. But I swim faster in open water, don't have to stop and turn around. I don't flip over or that would make me sick. As it was, I was nausous after 34 laps.

Gary came out & trimmed the horses feet. Joey is barefoot again, I hope he doesn't get too sore since hes had shoes on for the last year because of a quarter crack. I'll keep an eye on it and if it cracks any more I'll get Gary out to put shoes on right away.

If there is any more snow tomorrow I'm going to take the camera out with me & get video of Wifi when I put her out into the arena. That filly can buck and I'd like snowy video of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment