Saturday, February 2, 2013

Outside ride today, Bbbrrrrr

Today Lan & I joined a group of other WSTC riders out on Bainbridge Island & we rode the Chilly Hilly bike route. Normally its about 31 miles but I cut some of it out & ended up going 26.35 miles. I was slowest.  In my defense, ALL of them finished half or full Ironmen in the last 3-4 months and I have barely ridden at all between June & December.

Last year I was pretty good on the hills, I could outride a few of my friends. I have been riding my bike trainer but its all heart rate, cadence, 1 leg drills, etc. Not any 'hills' at all.

Here is the elevation of my ride today.


I cut off the biggest hill and a loop following it but I did ride out and meet them at one point. It was pretty.

Pretty effing COLD.

On the way to B.I. this morning I had my bike covers on a paper bag with a bottle of water. Stupid mistake. They were soaked so my feed ended up getting frigidly cold. The rest of my was fine, cold wise.

My legs were killing me, 3 hours later and my hips are aching.

I rode for 2:11:12, my average speed was 12mph and max speed was 41.4. I was on my Felt TriBike.



No comments:

Post a Comment