Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I will miss the next race

How is training going? OK.

I have to work Sunday and will miss the next West Side mtn Bike Series race at Fort Ebey on Whidbey Island. Totally bummed.

I'll be working 5 days in a row and only get 22 hours in, getting all the shitty 4 hour shifts. But it takes another 3 hours for the commute so a short shift takes all day. And its only 10 miles as the crow flies!

Today I didn't have time for a workout but I did get the barn cleaned and Joey & handy turned out for the first time in a long time. I think Joey was going nuts, poor boy. I wish we had 20 nice grassy acres so I could turn them all out all day, every day.

I have a new boarder, Janis brought Blue in for 6 weeks. I'm not charging board but shes helping out with the barn and I asked her to help with turning my horses out as much as she can. This will be so good for them and help me feel better about my decision to not ride before Ironman.

Masters swimming was tonight but I didn't get off work & home in time to go. But Linda did go, yay for her. She also had time to go for a nice long bike ride. If she had a job her training wouldn't be going as well, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment