Friday, March 23, 2012

Felt good to ride today

How is training going? Right on.

Lan and I went on a 21 mile ride today and found an Ironman to ride with.  I had 3 hours to ride & after getting everything ready to go, 1 false start & changing out bikes we ended up with 2 hours. That was OK with me but it would have been nicer to go farther.


The weather was nice and sunny for the first time in quite a long time that was also a day I had time to ride. About 46* today at the end of the ride. We went down Mullenix to Bethel Burley, turned right and headed toward Lider. Lan stopped at the top of a hill on a side street to wait for me & we found another rider. We might have just said HI and moved on but he had on ironman CDA shorts so of course I had to say more.

Allen rode most of the rest of our ride with us. We went over to Albertsons on Sedgewick, out to Glenwood, down to Pine, down to Bethel Burley again, into Purdy & straight across the highway to 154th & up to the corner of Nelson/ Stevens. That's where we parted ways, Allen lives in Gig Harbor and we had to come home.

Lan enjoyed having someone who could keep up with him and I enjoyed trying to keep up. Its a pretty hilly course, not high hills but rolling.

Tomorrow we're planning on leaving the house at 8am and riding until noon and I'd like to go 50 miles. I hope we make it.

Then I get to go to work.

Tomorrow is also a big day here at home; its Wifi's 4th birthday. Yay for my little girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment