Sunday, March 25, 2012

33 Miles

How is training going? Good. Very good.

Yesterday me, Lan, Steve & Linda went on a nice ride, 33 miles long. Not really long but it was all the time we had. It was hilly too so I think we did alright but just alright.

Steve & Linda

Linda

Steve

Lan sticking his tongue out & ME.

I was riding the Felt bike. Lan had repositioned the aero bars, cut off the too-long ends, cut off the elbow support screws, installed the aero water bottle and put on a longer stem. It felt good and I had no soreness during the ride or at any time after.

New aero bottle & bar tape

I wont be knocking my knees into the aero bar ends any longer


Except~ My sit bones were a bit sore from the Adamo seat but I'm getting used to it and after a while, just a few minutes, it didn't hurt anymore.


Today Lan put this double water bottle holder onto the back of the bike. They go on & off pretty easy so I wont have to have them on all the time. its going to take some getting used to, having all the extra weight. Yesterday for the ride it took a few miles to get used to the weight of the water in the front bottle.

Today he also made me change a flat. Twice. First he did it, one step at a time, then he put it back and made me do it. Then he made me do it all over again. It took me about 45 minutes to do it twice, from him showing me to me getting the 2nd time finished; he did it in 1 minute 45 seconds. But he wasn't counting installing the wheel onto the bike again for his turn.  I also used 1 canister of the CO2 and he used the hand pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment