Sunday, October 9, 2011

Whistler, Canada for Thanksgiving weekend.

How is training going? Very good.

Lan and I went to Canada to celebrate their Thanksgiving with his cousin, Kari, and her family. We had loads of fun.


Here is Lan enjoying the view of Lost Lake as we jogged around it.

and here me, red sweaty faced on that same run



bear poop was everywhere. this had worms in it. parasitic worms.



A river runs through it.
The water was so clean and clear.



We had a lot of fun, all of us did.



I rode my mtn bike down this and it was scary fun. The trails were pretty technical so I was scared. I haven't done that a lot this year.


Rode this too, fun times.


Other people hung their bikes, these 2 were small and looked funny. Whistler has a fantastic downhill area, there were hundreds of riders. They take the chairs up and ride down. I just learned there is a difference between me & them, I do cross country riding, they do downhill. I ride my BIKE up the hill, They ride the CHAIR up the hill.



resting bikes.


that guy was kind of cute.



No thanks for me but it was fun to watch.


Last time Lan and I were there together was in about 2005-ish. At that time they were just starting to fix up the road and infrastructure for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Its beautiful but the area has grown so much and taken away so much of the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment