Thursday, October 20, 2011

Riding the new bike

How is training going? I got in trouble.

Ryan got a little upset that I went on a bike ride without running it by him first. I hadn't thought a 13 mile ride would matter, but maybe a 30 miler might?

I just wanted to try out my new bike on a nice sunny day. No rain, no traffic, no wind.

But it sure as hell was a nice ride on the new Felt. Its light weight, it slices through the wind and takes very little effort.

Today I rode the road bike, it weighs about twice as much and the gearing is so different; harder going up hills for sure. Both of the bikes will be good for me and my training though, I need the road bike for 90% of my training, the Felt will be my specialty bike. I'll ride it just enough to be used to it come Ironman day.

No comments:

Post a Comment