Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Swim Lesson with Ryan

How is training going? Very well.

Tonight I had 3 choices, go to the lesson with Linda & Marilyn and blow off Ryan, or not swim at all. I'm pretty sore from the race yesterday but I thought swimming might help. I also didn't want Linda to know I was having a lesson with Ryan so I let her talk herself into her not going.

I met Ryan at the Bremerton YMCA pool at 7pm. He let me warm up a few laps, then he filmed me for 2 laps. Then we proceeded with the lesson. He was very impressed with how fast I was learning and how well I already knew how to do some things, like the little stick trick Marilyn taught me last week. He showed me more things, how to lift my elbow high but drag my hand through the water, how to do the Superman float, how to twist/rotate just enough but not enough while keeping my head neutral. He was really happy with it all and had me doing things that he said normally take people a lot longer.

At the end of the lesson he took another video of me swimming again with the new things I had learned.

Of course, I'm not telling him either that I'm taking lessons with Marilyn.

Hes going to put the video together and send it to me so I can see the differences.

One thing I learned is that I need to breath more to help  me float better. I can easily go 6 strokes without breathing but then I start to sink.

Overall, I'm quite glad I went swimming tonight. I have every confidence that I'm going to finish the IMCDA in well less than 17 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment