Sunday, October 23, 2011

Point Defiance Park, Tacoma, Washington

How is training going? Good.

Lan and I ran for 90 minutes at Point Defiance Park in Tacoma this morning. We parked by the picnic area and started at just about the 1 mile marker. Ran out around 5 mile drive and back to the car, then went out past the zoo and around the opening of the park again & back to the car.

Saw lots of squirrels.

This is a really tall tree, it has a sign and everything about its height and age. I didn't read it but I think I have before.



This is a grassy area at the front of the park, when you first drive in. Its been this way for ever, as long as I've known it and I've been coming to the park, since I was a little girl. Today the grass is mowed in circles, not lines.


There goes Lan, running up to the 4 mile point. This is at the front of the park too, the grass is to the left. We went through this part twice only on the second time around we cut through the grass by the trees here so we could avoid cars better. The park is very bicycle and runner friendly, everywhere except right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment