Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cheating

I know a lot of triathletes, men and women, most of them are just like me, just going about their training and doing their best. Working out, training, getting better, signing up for more and more races.

And then there is one that has to do everything better than everyone else, has to be the best, wont take instruction, his way is always best and better than any other way. And this person cheats.

Dave did a Half Ironman distance race last week and after he did the turn around on his run and was heading back out for his last 6 miles, his back started hurting and he couldn't lift his left leg at all. He had to stop running and be driven back in to town.

But meanwhile, the generator back at the finish line was turned off and the timing mat turned off, so all the times were messed up. So what did the race people do? They took every ones first half times and just doubled them, giving everyone who had crossed the half way timing mat a finish time. Meaning, Dave got a finish time when he didn't even finish the race.

Usually I'd just laugh this off and say 'How funny' but this time, NO. He DNF'd and has no finish time and not only did he get this fake time but it qualifies him for Nationals. If he takes that spot then someone else who did deserve to go to nationals wont get the invite and that's total Bull Shit.


So I emailed the timing people and told then of my concern and I really hope they do something about it.

Makes you wonder how far he truly went on his Winterman miles, when he said he had finished 8 Ironman distances over the winter.

I DNF'd my second IMCDA but I FINISHED it and still I owned my DNF. Its on my FB page, right there for everyone to read. I'm honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment