Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back on the bike

I got out on the tri bike today for a good ride. Only went 9.42 miles, around a route I do sometimes. Last time I did it that I kept track of on this one site was August 2010 and I did it in 41.14 minutes. Today I was feeling all fast and proud of myself, thought I was being fast but I wasn't. I took 40:12 today, only 1 minute faster!

LOSER.

I am going to be keeping a lot of my training to myself for a while. I'd like to be able to KICK LINDAS ASS at Danskin and secret workouts is the only way I'll be able to do that. I'll need to practice transitions too and get my ass into the lake for some swimming.

I'll need to do some weight training and build up my running, along with more bike riding. I can do this same 9.42 every day if I want, its mostly hills, some steep and long, some not too steep at all but all hills. Perfect training. I can ride Bethel Burley too, its got a few hills at the beginning & end, depending on which route I take.

I'm trying to get in a good workout every day that I'm not working really early, Tuesdays & Thursdays I'll be hitting the YMCA for spin/strength and hopefully I can get to the lake for a few swims with groups. Or I can always go with Lan to Horseshoe Lake.

I found another race I'd like to do; Black Diamond Half Ironman in September. 1 week after Lan does Tri Turtle Tri and 2 weeks before I do Race For A Soldier Half Marathon, it should all fit together nicely. I won't tell anyone besides Lan about Black Diamond so I don't have to worry about Linda deciding to do it. the only sucky thing about it is that Black Diamond has icky medals, they are just stickers on cheap metal things. But I'd like to get the distance done for a 70.3 sticker. Ha, Linda doesn't have one of those.

In other news:

I had a boarder in the barn leave, no notice. She said she left a note a month ago then she didn't pay any board for this month. Bitch. I'll post all over the Internet that she did it just so other barn owners know.

No comments:

Post a Comment