Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'd rather ride horses

How is training going? Ho hum.

I'd rather be riding my horses. I've been able to take the horses out 3 times in the last week and have plans for going up to Greem Mtn with Joey on Thursday. They all need new shoes before I can take them out for anything serious but getting Gary out has been difficult. I know hes working full time but it would be nice if he didn't have a job. lol.
Tovah on Joey


We have been getting reallllllly nice summery weather for the last 2 weeks and even though its been beautiful, my body isn't used to it. Today while jogging in the afternoon it was uncomfortable and humid. Even with a nice breeze along side the Carbon River in Orting, it was muggy. Lan ran about 3 miles, I made it about 2 of those, maybe.

Yesterday I ran 2 miles in the morning and still got another 10,000 steps at work so its no wonder my legs are tired and feet sore. But sore feet are going to have to be part of my life for the next year.

I was not able to do the Danskin, the boss wouldn't give me the time off. I told him the other day that I'm doing Ironman CDA and he said he might not be able to give it to me so I said I'd have to quit if they can't give it to me. We'll see. I might not even be working at Fauntleroy next year.
Me landing the 8:05


I took my mtn bike to Trailside Cyclery in Orting and ordered a rebuild kit for the front shock. A new shock is about $600 so paying $135 for a rebuild kit was cheap. I was hoping Brian could do it for me today but he doesn't do those things. He just llikes to do basic repairs on local bikes.


I don't know when I broke the shock but it does a little bang now on bumps and isn't as nice to ride. I can still totally ride but it will be nice to have it working properly.  I think Brian was impressed that I have such a nice mtn bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment