Sunday, August 7, 2011

10 hours at work = great mtn biking and run after ward

How is training going? GREAT.

OK, I'm going to be an Ironman in 1 year so I'm trying hard to get more miles in.  This week between biking, spin and running I'm at 30 miles. Not a lot by any means but I'm doing more.

Today I got up at 3:20am, worked 10 hours and got back home at 6pm. At 6:18 I was out at Banner Forest on my mtn bike and had a nice ride for 40 minutes. Then I came home and after feeding horses I got a 3.1 mile run finished in 33:24 on our hilly neighborhood roads.

I'm really, really hoping I can get next Sunday morning off so I can do the Danskin Triathlon but wont know till Wednesday. I've even told one of the supervisors that I'll switch shifts with someone, if they were to work my morning shift I'll come in after noon and do theirs. As of right now I know there are 6 shifts not going to be covered next week so I might get overtime and I probably won't get Sunday off.

I have hired a girl to come and condition my horses for me and coincidently, Equus Magazine has an article on getting horses back into good condition. I'll have her read it and we can follow that, it will be good for the horses and save us from getting injuries if we think she should go faster. Right about the time they get into shape, it will be winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment