Monday, August 22, 2011

I feel better

How is training going? I am healing.

I haven't been able to run and with the busy 35 hours in 3 days at work I haven't had time to get any exercise. But I have gotten my steps in every day. Ok, yesterday I didn't because I was selling for 10 hours but for the next 5 I was taking tickets so I got 5800+ steps then. Today I was just too tired to do anything.

So I shoveled 11 loads of buckshot into the cart and dumped it into Sunshowers run, then spread it. Finally Lan got the tractor out and moved a lot of it for me and then we repaired electric fence that has needed it for a year.

I'm going to talk to Lisa about training. I mean, I'd like to have a sit down talk, just she and I. I want to know what she sees herself doing for me for the next 10 months and how much she would like to be paid for it. I know she CAN train me for an Ironman, she has completed 6 of them herself already and as leader of TriBabes I know shes able to train anyone to complete a sprint. I have total trust in her.

But I need to be pushed once in a while and Lan isn't pushy enough to me. He asked me if I wanted to go for a bike ride but then I started the buckshot and the day got away. He was upset but didn't say a thing to me.  But I really have been tired from work.

Yesterday I took enough food for about 1 meal, expecting to come home and have dinner at a reasonable hour. I caught the 6:05am ferry there and the 10:20pm ferry home and when I got home Lan had JUST started cooking some food. Which I had to finish cooking. And I had to serve.

Tomorrow I have Torreys class at 7:30am, first one I'll be able to attend in about 3 weeks, its going to kill me. Then Tovah and I are planning on taking the horses out to Banner Forest, if its not raining. Maybe after the class or ride I'll go for a long, slow bike ride for a couple hours. No big hills except to get home, no speed play. Just ride and ride and ride.

If its not raining.

It hasn't rained here since July 28th and whats coming down now it the annoying stuff that is small but many drops. More like heavy sprinkles.  The pasture and arena needed it. Wifi was bucking and trying to open the gate to get into the barn as soon as it started coming down. Shes such a princess.

I brought home 7 chicks tonight and stuck them under the hen who has been brooding, unsuccessfully, all summer. Now she'll be happy. As soon and I started putting them under her she started talking to them, Good Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment