Saturday, October 31, 2015

Training In The Rain

14 days until Ironman Arizona.

Shits getting real.

Today I ran 7.5 miles in a pretty good wind and rain storm. I got to the parking meet up spot before the sun had risen and thought it was going to be absolutely miserable.

But it turned into a pretty nice run. It was along the Cushman Trail, from Home Depot out to the other end of town, toward Wilco. There were several other people and I was middle of the pack. Two guys went out fast and strong, passed me when I was at mile 2.5 and the Rabbit was a bit ahead of me but I had to stop to pee. The turtle was behind me and two others brought up the rear.

I've said before that the Cushman Trail is really hilly and I've only ran on it once before. There are a few hills on it that are 1200 feet of 8% elevation gain so it's a serious place for me to run. Today I was once again able to run the whole way but also turned around and went back to meet up with the slow pokes and ran in again.

This storm is just icky, they are saying the mountains will get up to 13.5 FEET of snow this weekend but if it does fall it will only melt and cause more flooding.

I had LAN put Joey in the arena so he can get dry. He's too old now to be left out in this crap, with the blowing wind he will be too cold. I also had LAN take Reign back to the inlaws and tomorrow there is a new horse coming in. An older paint mare for a 4h girl. They won't pay board but they will help with chores and feedings and buy their own hay. I've been feeding Reign for 9 months and never once got a thank you from Terry nor did he purchase any hay. He did offer to find me cheap grass round bales but that's only filler, the Tbs still need alfalfa and quality hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment