Thursday, April 11, 2013

I ran today

My Achilles tendon has been acting up so I took it very easy for the last couple weeks. Last weekend we went hiking and its been fine since then so today I gave running a shot and it was fine. I'm a happy camper.

It was raining and cold so I was glad to not be going far.

Plus, I have a new toy. Its a GymBoss, a beeper that I can set to beep at intervals. Its already set at 3 minutes then 1 minute so I walked for 3 minutes & jogged for the 1 minute. It worked great. I'll use it again at this setting & then change it to 2 & 2, eventually 1/3. Heidi, who gave it to me, said to try the 40/20 seconds, she did 14 miles last week like that and felt great afterward.

The GYMBOSS is a small, easy to use, repeating interval timer. This multi-use timer has many versatile functions that make it beneficial to virtually any type of exercise program.
  • 1 or 2 intervals - 2 seconds to 99 minutes
  • Repeat up to 99 times
  • Beep and/or Vibrate alarm
  • Alarm duration 1, 5, or 10 seconds
  • Stopwatch function
  • Secure Belt clip
  • Compact Size (1 ¾ x 2 ¼ x ½ inches)
  • Water and shock resistant
  • AAA battery required

  • This is one of the coolest toys I've ever been given.


    Horse news:
    OMG, Mark is coming back to my barn! Katie is going to lease him. She had planned on bringing her arabian mare in 2 weeks ago but the mare colicked & was put down. Shes been trying out new horses & somehow found Mark out at the Back Forte barn in Enumclaw. I told her to be sure to bring his blanket home with him.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment