Friday, December 28, 2012

Pilate's

I went to Roller Pilate's at Gig Harbor YMCA this morning, first time I've done a roller class. I only fell off the dang thing 2 or 3 times, otherwise it was OK. The lady made me feel kinda stupid for the first few minutes but after she saw I was paying attention she backed off. I could see that she only wants to make sure everyone is doing it correctly and she thinks we're completely new gym members.

I'm enjoying the classes that I haven't taken before I just need to find instructors I like. I have 3 gyms I can choose from so I shouldn't be that hard, but it is.

I also did a fast & furious 30 minute spin class, got in about 8 miles. I didn't particularly care for the instructor or her choice of music; shes from L.A. & does all the hand signs and head movements. Um, you're not in California any more. I will admit I was the only one besides her that knew all the words to 'Dirty Low Down' by Boz Scaggs.

We had planned on going to Triday Friday right this minute (they are between swimming & spinning right now) but had an injury in the barn so had to deal with that.

I do have a new swim suit so I can go to the Triday Friday and not feel like I'm wearing someones pregnant bathing suit.

I have 2.5 days until the Yukon Do It Half Marathon, I'm going to try to run most of it. Lan & I were going to sign up for the Bremerton YMCA Resolution Runs but I saw that they are doing a mtn bike duathlon instead so I want to do that. Run 2 miles, ride 6 miles & run another one. Sounds like way more fun to me. I've ridden on some of those trails & they are easy... or they were 2 years ago.

We'll still do the remaining Resolution Runs, they are the first Sunday mornings of each month January through April, starting with 5k then 10k, 15k & finally 20k. Certainly wont hurt me to do them.

Horse update:
Joey got another cut on his face and it was very bloody, it was pouring down his face. Lan saw it & came to get me. I got it cleaned up & it stopped bleeding as soon as it was cleaned up. He didn't want to be caught, he knew what was up but once he was in the cross ties and I had warm water he was better. Its not bad, just a small gouge above his eye and a cut alongside his eye, they wont scar. I'm lucky he hasn't put out his eye with all the times he has cut his face this exact same way.
I made him a warm mash with alfalfa pellets, beet pulp, oats & 2 Bute. Then I locked him in the foaling stall. I'll have to do a quick check of it in the morning before I leave for work.

This morning I was in a hurry so I only threw some hay into each stall like we used to do. When I got home from the gym I put the girls out in the arena & Joey & Mark went into the small pasture. I gave them all hay outside to eat. Then I cleaned their stalls. I cant believe how much hay was wasting on the floor! I need to make time to fill the hay nets, no matter what.

Lans not going to like doing that very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment