Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Next Week

No more postponing.

Its been 6 freakin' months since IMCDA and I need to get my ass back in the water, back on the bike and back out onto the road, running. I won't have time to mess around any longer.

I have the book I received from Les for my birthday, its where I will write down all the things I have done each day and I need to buy a book with a plan in it. Linda had one, she followed it to a T each and every day and she was able to finish with 45 minutes to spare. I'll get the book & let Lan use it too.


I bought this book for Lan for Christmas for him to keep track of his Ironman Training. I know hes not going to like it but once its filled in and he is an IRONMAN, he will appreciate it. I plan on saving mine & giving it to a grand child someday. What a cool item to share with the kids!


This is the inside, enough space to write a lot of info, areas to keep track of weekly miles & year to date. The book I have is very similar to this.

I ordered new shoes online, a new brand. Usually I wear narrow but they were so tight they cut the circulation to my feet. Returned them, got more of the same size but they were too long so they are in the mail being returned too. Sigh. I hope size 8B fits well, if not, I'll be back to the damn stores again. I HATE trying on shoes.

Horses: I have bought 6 slow feed hay nets and absolutely love them but the horses took a while to get there. This is Mark, before he started training, right after I gave him his bath, eating out of his feeder. They waste so little hay now that I'm able to feed less and they are wasting less. I'll keep an eye on their weight, just in case, but I'm feeding about 2/3 of the amount of hay they had previously been getting.

Mark hasn't been to a lesson in 2 weeks, hes just sitting here eating hay & shitting. Since Terry decided to have Cathi sell him, nothing has been done besides me groom him, get him new shoes and put blankets on him. If Terry had left things well enough alone, Mark would have been sold already and they wouldn't have... I wouldn't have this horse to feed. They haven't put a penny towards his care except for 4 bales of hay & 2 big assed bags of grain meant for cows. Dumb asses.

Kate told Jean & Terry that if they want her to continue riding then Mark has to live at her barn so of course, that's not happening. Idiots. He had a chance to belong to Kate & live in horse heaven and be something.

In other horse news, the barn is full, 7 in all.


Poseidon, a 4 year old paint gelding, should be leaving in a couple weeks to go into training. He needs it and I'll be glad to see him go. I wish I could be here when Lauren is here so I can ask her if hes ever had weight in the saddle, I can give her just a few tips on more stuff she can do with him before she sends him to a trainer that's just going to charge her cash to do this same stuff.

 I got a new saddle.
Its an older Circle Y, trail type. This photo makes it look a lot nicer than it really is but its not in bad shape. It had been on Craigslist last summer, I inquired about it way before we went to Las Vegas in October, kept a note on my desk with the info on it, saying WATCH THIS SADDLE!  I sent them another email asking 'Since its been for sale for so long, would they take $275 instead of the $325 they were asking.' They said yes & I headed up to Sequim the next day. It fits Sunshower, who already has a nice saddle and I had been hoping it might fit Wifi. I'll see what its like on Sunshower next spring & if it fits better than her old one I'll sell that one and use this one.

I've got an old Circle Y 1 ear headstall & matching breast collar that I'll put together with this saddle so its a set. It does need a new latigo & off billet.

No comments:

Post a Comment