Monday, June 20, 2011

First tri of the year

How is training going? Much better today.

I just got done with an easy 2 miles and it was nice and easy. Just up the road to the end and back. I was able to run the entire distance without having to stop to walk or breath hard and that makes me feel good.

I did the Five Mile Lake Triathlon in Auburn, WA. last Saturday and I didn't do so hot there.

Swim start; there's me, right in the middle of the photo looking like I know what I'm doing. Except I did exactly 2 strokes and then breast stroked for the rest of the first half of the 1/4 mile swim. I HATE swimming. The water was dark and murky, almost black. Freaks me out.
Start time 8:06am

Thank GOD I finally got out of the water. Here I am pulling my swim and neoprene caps off but they got stuck in my hair. My hair is only 2 inches long, NO reason for it to get stuck but it did and on both sides of my head. OUCH.
Swim time 14:29.
    
 Look, there were like, 3 people behind me coming out of the water!


The bike was two laps of 7 miles each. Oh, did I say it was raining? For the entire race it was coming down and you can see it here at the end of my bike leg.
Bike time 52:18

When I got done with the bike Linda was still in transition, I'm pretty sure she waited for me so we could run together. I don't like running with other people because I don't like feeling like I'm holding them back. And I did hold her back. Linda literally took my hand and pulled me along several times. I had side aches that wouldn't quit so had to walk and she walked with me.
Run time 33:18

See our cheerleader at the finish?
Official finish time 1:45:18

That's not my best finishing time, not by a long way but I haven't been running enough and I know it. I got caught up in the moment when I saw the half price Groupon. Oh well, I know now.


Here is Linda seconds after the end, she looks like a drowned rat. Sorry Linda.

 And here's me, happy to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment