Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Should I call this blog Tri to Work and Ride?

How is training going? NOT.



I haven't had time nor the energy to train at all. I missed the last BRICK so I went out with Lan and did my own on Sunday morning. I had to babysit Tuesday so couldn't make it to Torreys class and worked 4am-2pm today so was too tired to run or ride and went to bed after I got home. I slept for 4 hours.

Tomorrow, Thursday, Torrey hopefully will be back in class at the YMCA. I plan on joining in for a good workout. I miss her classes and if she is there I'm going to be hurting Friday.

I'm also scheduled to work 2-7pm tomorrow so if I time it right I can ride my bike to the 1:10pm Southworth ferry, change on the boat, work, change again to ride home and get in a good ride that way. Coming home will be harder than getting there since its mostly all uphill. I can do it.

We have a new horse in the barn, a mini mare named Cookie. Shes 8 years old and being leased for the summer by Sarah and her daughters, Heidi and Reagan. We put Cookie and The Pie out together and she makes him look huge!  But they get along well and I'm very happy about that. 

This is my baby, Wildfire. Shes 3.25 years old now, time to start her official training.


Wifi went to Vickis barn for her 60 days of training.
I'm concerned about her but just need to relax and let her be. I'm scared shes going to get hurt on a crappy fence. I'm scared she'll get cut up and scarred for life on her perfect body. There are so many things at Vicki's barn that can hurt a horse.

I sent Vicki an email today asking when she will work my filly and she never got back to me. I'd like to stop in there tomorrow after the YMCA in the morning but Vicki won't even be out in the barn yet. But I could totally take her out into the arena and work her a bit myself or just groom her for a while. I miss my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment