Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vacation was fun, fun, fun!

How is training going? Good.

Last week we were in Las Vegas, had our bikes and went for some excellent rides in the desert. This is the view from a gold mine we rode up too from down there. That straight line is the road we drove up and you can kind of see the side road we cut off on.


I think this photo has a bit of blue from the roof top of our car.

This is from our first ride in the Las Vegas/Blue Diamond ride. About 80 degrees, perfect. We rode about 8 miles that day.

This trail is called the Mustang Trail.

Second day, this time we were south of the highway. To get here you park where the roads intersect and go through a tunnel under the highway. Our trail was to the right of the hill we were on here. That's a cliff behind me. This hill was awesome, I loved coming down it.

Here is Lan starting down. You can clearly see the trail we came up over to the right down the side of the hill.

I liked the looks of the shadow from the bike tires on the wall behind the car.

Other news:
I started my training with the Washington State Ferries this week and next week is orientation at Colman Dock in Seattle. We'll have 1 day on hands on training at Kingston Dock in about 10 days, on June 8th I'll pick up my TWIC card and after that I'll be able to work on the dock. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I hope this is a job I can truly enjoy and I hope I make it through the summer and possibly into the fall. Layoffs occur at the end of September.

Today I rode both Joey and Sunshower and it was SO GOOD. They were both in the arena and Sunshower was a good girl, no freaking out because of him being there.

Earlier today Lan and I went over to Linda and Steves house and all 4 of us went on a bike ride into Port Orchard. We added a few hills into the ride so it wasn't boring flat stuff the whole way.

Linda and I took a break in town to enjoy the Pirate Days farmers market then we all rode back home. it was about 17 miles R/T, a nice distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment