Monday, May 2, 2011

Here are the details

Tacoma City Half Marathon

May 1, 2011

 After all the training and pain I have finally completed my first half marathon.

 The gear.

 Pre race, about 5 minutes till the start.

 Lan was checking to make sure the camera was on.

 The runners, getting in line.

 See me? right in the middle of the photo.

 Seconds to the start.

 I'm about 30 seconds behind the leader, checking my stop watch
as I go through the start.

 And around the first corner. Time for Lan to start running.

 Here is Torrey with the white shirt and arm warmers. Torrey is our
Tuesday & Thursday torture class leader.

 at wrights park, about 2 miles in to the race.

 Stadium way.

 I'm in the pink, between the maroon lady & a blue lady.
The blue shirt lady, Lorna, became my best friend for the next 10 miles.
 The maroon shirt lady was with us the whole way too.

 Heading out onto Ruston way on the waterfront.

 Just about half way here.

 Lan couldn't get any more action shots, he had to get me at the end. Here, Lorna and I
celebrate being done. My finish time was 2:28:23, way faster than I thought I would be.
I did have to walk, but only a little bit. Just before mile 12 on an uphill I had to stop for 100 feet and again going up a steep hill by the Tacoma clock tower/Old City hall. And at 12.75 miles my left leg cramped so hard I thought I would die but walking hurt more than running so I ran. With the last 1/10 of a mile left and the end in sight I sprinted, to get it over with.

 Here I am in the car, less than 10 minutes after the end of the race. I was in a lot of pain and SO GLAD it was over. and already planning on doing a whole marathon so I can get a whole medal.
Because they only gave us half medals.

No comments:

Post a Comment