Monday, April 23, 2018

Grooming Stall


Today I groomed all the big horses in the grooming stall for the first time. Wifi first and forgot to take her photo. Then Joey, my handsome boy. I had their halters on each other wrong so this one was snug on him. 
Wifi wasn't impressed with her grooming since I always comb her tail and mane and they were snarled. I can't wait till there is water so I can bathe her, get that beautiful tail all nice and clean again. 


I groomed Mack too because he needed it and he was a very good boy. I don't like to give treats by hand but he was so good that I did, then Wifi got one too. Joey was already heading out to roll when I got the treats out. Mack already looks SO MUCH better than he did when he first got here.


All 3 of these big horses didn't shed as much as one little mini did. Gus left another pony in the stall. 


Both the mini's took treats out of my hand today, stood there and ate them, then took another. They are coming around.

About 9 months ago I leased Sunshower to a gal, she wanted her for herself  and the kids to ride. I agreed because she had just bought her property next door to my friend who has TONS of horse experience and I knew Sunshower would be OK there. But after living there for only 10 months, the gal has bought horse property in Tacoma and wants to take Sunshower there. 
I told her I want to see the property before I agree to it and she DEFIANTELY has to sign a lease agreement, since she didn't do it already.

I do not want Sunshower to go.
I miss her and she's my good riding horse, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I agreed to lease her out. All last year I had no one to ride because Joey is retired and Wifi had that back injury. This year Wifi is better and she looks FANTASTIC now but she's never been on trails and she wont ride through mud so I'd be stuck if she had a fit out on trails.
So what to do?
Lan said he doesn't want her back because he didn't build this barn for me to fill it with our own horses. I could bring her home if I got rid of the mini's. I wouldn't need to keep a mini if she were back here because I could take one horse to ride somewhere and Joey would still have the other girl with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment