Saturday, May 30, 2015

First BRick

Today was the first brick of the tribabes and I noticed there were less people there than in previous years but it was still a good turn out and fun. It was a 5 mile bike / 1 mile run.


I took Abbey with me, who said she would like to give them a  go. She has already signed up for Irongirl so I told her she might as well do TriBabes too. That way she will have people to train with all summer. Tuesday will be out first lake swim and I should be able to make it even though I won't be with the tribabes, I'll go for a swim, maybe to the buckets and back. That's about a mile.

Today after the brick Linda and I ran 5 miles in the woods where it was nice and cool. We still sweated but it wasn't as bad as running on a road, dodging cars and being chased by dogs. I'm really liking the Garmin GPS watch Lan found on the highway.

Somewhere we have a sync chip that would connect it to the computer but good luck finding it. I'd like to download the info off the watch so I can anylize it later.

Yesterday was 57 miles of hell on the bike. I wore shorts that aren't meant for long rides and my hoo haw was hurtin. I will never do that again.

Horse News:
I bought new lead roaps for each horse, Joey gets black, Sunshower gets red and Wifi gets royal blue. I'll need to purchase new brushes sometime soon but I don't like big ones, I have small hands, so will gather them over the next few years. I still have a brush box in the new barn and I'm NOT taking it over there to be stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment