Saturday, May 23, 2015

Open Water Swim

I did get my first open water swim done but it was basically alone. I met some other people at the lake and we all started out at the same time but one swam fast out to the other end and the other 2 people were training so I went alone. Swam .58 mile in 25-28 minutes. I was in no hurry because I was just trying to remember how to swim.
 So when I got out of the water one of the guys was like, hey, you have a hole in your wetsuit. SHIT. I've taken such good care of this wetsuit, always trimmed nails, always wore mittens when putting it on so no fingernail holes, always rinsed and cared for properly.
So to have the seam rip out really pisses me off.

After I got it home and had it clean and dry I checked it out thoroughly and there are a few other spots in the seams that are failing.
I borrowed some seam sealer from Linda, I will repair it and hopefully it doesn't look like shit when Im done.
Its a $600 wetsuit that I got at the end of season for half price but I can't replace it now.

This week I didn't do a lot of bike miles, only about 40 total but I was exhausted from the previous week when I did 75. But this week I've run about 15 miles, very good for me, and have now surpassed the entire amount of running miles I did in all my previous Ironman training. But those previous miles were mostly walking, this time around I plan on running most of my marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment