Thursday, May 29, 2014

Running

Lately I have been running a bit. Not every day, not on any schedule, just once every couple of days I get out there. Usually got 3 miles. Last weekend I ran once & walked once, just so Lan would get out there and do it.

I have signed up for the tribabes again this year, officially, so I'll have a schedule to keep pretty soon. I KNOW I can to that training, its a sprint, easy peasy after 26 weeks of Ironman training. I have enough time to get at least as fast as I was for all my other Irongirl (Danskin, Trek) venue races.

I won't be taking any age group awards but I'm going to give it my all and I really, really hope I do well and beat all my previous times. Maybe I should actually get out there and ride my bike??

Lan needs a new wetsuit. While we were at Speedy Reedy in Seattle the other day I tried to get him to try them on but he wouldn't. I remember the first time I had one on, it was there. 1st one was too big, second one was so tight I left claustrophobic and had to GET OUT OF IT as fast as I could.

I'll maybe go out to the lake tomorrow for a swim, Lan and I both have the day off and we both need it.

 Two days ago Sarah took Renata for a trail ride & Joey whinnied for her for an hour, something he hadn't done in a long time. Then I realized he has always had Handy beside him if another horse left. So even if my girls are right there where he can see them, he still doesn't want her gone. Bonded. Uh Oh.
 
 
After I fed horses this morning I remembered to turn on the hot water heater in the barn so I can bathe Wifi again. She's not going to like it but my baby girl needs to be clean for her show in 10 days. I'll at least wash her tail today. Its not very warm out, she's all shed out and she can't be left wet all day. I do have a polar fleece blanket to put on her and I'll lock her into a stall with shavings. Maybe Sarah will have time to turn her out later in the day??? I sometimes dislike having a job but if I didn't then I wouldn't have horses or triathlon either.

I'm expecting her new sheet to be delivered tomorrow and I'm excited to try it on her but can't decide if I'll use it on her before the show or not. Maybe I'll go to From The Hooves Up and see if they have a cheap one to use at home & save her new one for being away.

Speaking of hooves, Gary was finally out for their feet, they were 4 weeks overdue. But all of them were still good, Joey hadn't lost any and the girls were OK. Wifi has small but beautiful hooves.

No comments:

Post a Comment