Thursday, April 14, 2011

Boot Camp

How is training going? Much better.

I've started a 3 week Boot Camp with a local personal trainer. its not really boot camp but 3 days per week for the next 3 weeks & its free. Last night was our first workout. Our leader is Ginger and besides me there were about 8 people for the first night.

Ginger had 10, 20 & 30 pound sand bags for us to carry, one person per turn; we would choose one & haul it up a steep hill to the top where she had set a bunch of flags. We would return and read the flags which were each labeled with different exercises to do. If we had carried the 10 lb weight we had to do the exercise for 2.5 minutes, 20 lbs=2 minutes & 30 lbs=1.5 minutes. While the person was going up the hill everyone else had to be doing something cardio: jumping jacks, running in place, etc.

I ran up the hill first with the 20 lb bag and my flag had some kind of lunge on it. They were hard. A lot of them I didn't know but Ginger taught us and she kept time. She wasn't an in your face leader but she did yell at us to keep going.

It was a fun workout, we all broke a sweat and were breathing hard. Tomorrow evening is our next class and I just can't wait. It's going to be hard but a good hard.

I told Ginger about my injury and she gave me some tips on good stretches to do to help it, one I already to often but the other was new to me. Sitting Indian style and leaning over to stretch my side and hip.

I'll be putting a lot more effort into tomorrows class because I want this to work for me and help me lose a little weight.

On Saturday Lan & I are supposed to go ride bikes at Black Diamond in preparation for Lans last Sunday race. He was invited to go ride there with the guy who is taking the 2nd place award, Pat Ellis. nice guy, ends up hes a Police Chaplain. Cool. Super nice guy and FAST on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment