Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Shorter Days

When Lan left for work yesterday it was dark and when he got home it was dark. In 3 months it will be light for a few minutes after he gets home. Right now I'm able to enjoy the days, I get up at about 9am and have all day to do whatever I want before I go to work at 8pm. Its been a lovely stretch.

But things will change for me in a few weeks, I'll be moving to the Pt Defiance
dock, working mornings starting at 5:40am till 1:40pm. I'll land the boats, load the cars, put up the apron & then hop onto the boat to ride across to Tahlequah and do it all again, then back and forth all day. 20 landings in all.
I hope the crew likes me.
I hope the dock supervisor is nice to me.
I hope Nicoles aunt who sells at Pt D is nice to me.
I hope I don't get hurt jumping around.

I'll be getting home at 2:30pm and have a few hours to myself before Lan gets home.
Now, heres the deal. I'll be working 40 hours, bringing home almost as much money as Lan. I'm thinking he should pick up a titch of the laundry chores, maybe put some of his dirty dishes into the dishwasher. I'll have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment