Saturday, November 26, 2016

Falling

Its been awful wet out, the back pasture/sacrifice area is totally mud. I can leave two horses in the arena all day to stay dry but that means two have to go out into the crap. So this morning I made sure everyone was blanketed and let them all go into the front pasture. Its nice and grassy, only mud is by the gates (so where do you think they stood??) but no shelter, hence the blankets.
 
I brought them into the arena at 4:30pm, just at dark and removed soaking wet blankets and put on dry ones. Sunshower and Wifi are naked tonight but they have the hair for it. Joey and Roses both got clean heavier blankets. Actually, Joeys lighter weight blanket weighed more soaking wet than the dry heavy weight blanket. Go figure.
 
But while they were outside standing in the front pasture Roses was falling asleep, not just going to sleep, but actually falling each time she dozed off. I've seen her do it before so I wasn't worried about her but it is funny to see. I wish she was able to sleep in her stall but its hard when its flooded and sloppy deep mud.
 
Tonight I put her into Joeys stall, which is drier, and left him out loose inside the arena. He still has his hay and grain but he can move around.  We desperately need the barn to be built.
 
Triathlon stuff
 
I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis for 6 months and recently started taping my left foot like this and its getting better. Exciting to me, that's for damn sure. Today it was just some first step pain, not every step I take pain. Hoping it continues to improve and that I can run again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment