Friday, September 9, 2016

Filling In

This girl,
 
 
Is filling that gigantic hole left in my heart when Hagen died. She's learning how to be a dog, not just a pup, she's learning to respond in the way we want. She's gentle and rough at the same time.
 
She makes me smile.
 
 
And the newest addition to the farm, chicks.
Probably both roosters but I'm hoping for a hen to brood eggs for me.
 
Then there is this new round hay bale holder. Got it yesterday at Tractor Supply for $185.
See all the hay spread out? That's what the horses ruined in 1 day with the whole bale available to them. This hay feeder should pay for itself pretty fast. I throw their alfalfa flakes right in there with the grass.

 
Enough room for them to share.

 
Tri related:
Lan is set to do the Black Diamond Long Course tomorrow at Enumclaw. He should do well but it is such a huge and competitive size A/G that he will still only come in 5th place. I'd LOVE to see him podium!!!
To make it a bit easier for him, I have filled the car with gas and stashed a $20 in the car for his after race lunch.
I signed up too but I'll be working a 13 hour day and my $200 registration fee is paying for Terry, Lilly & Brayden to enjoy MY race. I won't even get a fucking tee shirt.
 
At work:
I'll be working at Southworth dock for the fall/winter/spring season. Bremerton no longer offered the on-call days off I want and Southworth does so its there that I'lll be working. A 30 hour shift, 8pm-2am Saturday thru Wednesday with Thursdays & Fridays off. And most of all other days too, since I'll be working nights. Landing only 4 boats, all going to the same places in the same order.
I'm sure I'll be the one to mop floors and take trashes out, sweeping the dock and other shit like that. I hope the captain isn't an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment