Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I live in Western Washington where rain is normal but if you don't know the facts, places in New York get more rain than we do. But last night is must have rained a lot while I was sleeping because when I left for work at 8:20am our yard was an inch deep in standing water.

That's not normal. Our land is all sand and it usually drains quite well, unless its been either snowing & melting or a HEAVY rain. I'm blessed with a natural sand arena that drains extremely well so even though its not covered at least its not soaked all winter long.

When I got to work my boss was standing in a light rain directing traffic onto the boat and I didn't want to get soaked myself so as soon as I could I put on my rain gear. Then it stopped raining, the sun came out & it dried up. it was still windy and damp from waves while landing boats but the parking lot was dry. The air was about 55* so it was beautiful for all of my work day.

My friend Sarah was out on her pony & she got rained on, all soaking wet. But its good mental training for her & Renata.

I'm so thankful that I FINISHED Ironman CDA last June so I didn't have to train in this weather again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment