Tuesday, March 18, 2014

More Tears Today

For whatever reason, Linda and I agreed to meet for tea at 8:10am down at my favorite coffee shop. I'm usually not even out of bed at that time so it was quite an accomplishment. So we're sitting there in my nice warm car, sipping tea and we see a lady finishing off her run. Linda thinks its Beverly.

We watch for a couple minutes, comment on her beautiful legs and then Linda says she thinks Beverly isn't having such a great day, looks like tears. So we called her over.

Time to get out and distribute hugs and encouragement.

Poor Beverly was having a BAD TRAINING DAY.  She wasn't happy at all and had huge tears. It was one of those WHY THE HELL AM I OUT HERE DOING THIS SHIT? kind of days. I was there last year, I had some good days but I had a lot of awful days too. its hard to train alone in the rain day after day and no one else even cares. Or it seems like no one else even cares.

I'm going to start collecting things for her to help her in her training. I don't know what, maybe a few Bonk-Breakers or GU's or some Perform or Perpetuam. Maybe some energy beans. She needs to know shes not alone.

Linda surprised me & gave me a pair of cute socks, they have my name on them!

In horse news, I spoke to a lady who lives on Bainbridge Island about her leasing Sunshower. She's going to come out Thursday at 6pm to see her. I'll ask her to come out a second time too so Sunshower can get to know them a BIT before I let her go and I'll definitely go out and see her place beforehand. I have checked out her place online and it's not a bad place but I want to see it in action. The lady says she has some younger girl 'interns' working in exchange for lessons and some of those will be on Sunshower so I want to make sure they can at least ride a little.

I wanted to see how Sunshower would react to being ridden today and she tried her little crow hopping BS with me so I got after her but not bad, mostly just yelled at her and made her work a bit harder. I concentrated on holding my thumbs up and relaxing and she was doing her nice slow trot, perfect for sitting. She wasn't happy but it was dinner time and she had only been eating for half hour. Oh well, I'm boss.

I'm going to try to ride again tomorrow too so when Thursday rolls around she's not a silly in heat whore.

I'm still looking for an arab gelding.

No comments:

Post a Comment